COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the continuous rise in demand for lumber and building materials in the United States, please call for pricing on all of our kits. Prices are adjusted according to the statement made by the National Association of Home Builders.
Constructing a custom pool in your backyard is a blast, especially if you have kids.
However, as fun as pools can be, they can be a danger zone without proper safety features in place. You’ve heard the dreaded and tragic accidents that happen in home swimming pools.
So, it’s your responsibility to make yours enjoyable but safe.
Here are some of the safety features you can consider:
- Make use of pool covers; they have a hard top; no child or adult can topple into the pool if they walk on it, preventing accidental drowning. In addition, these covers come with added childproofing locks to help keep the kids out.
- Install a gate and a safety fence around the pool’s perimeter– this prevents your kids from getting into the swimming pool when they shouldn’t.
- Install pool lights on the inside and outside of the pool – these lights help at night, and someone can easily see the pool without tripping and falling inside. You can also add some motion alarms for added security.
- Coat your deck with anti-slip tape – Even on a dry deck, it’s easy for both kids and adults alike to slip from the deck, fall, injure themselves or drown. So, to prevent such from happening, it’s best to coat the deck surrounding the pool with anti-slip tape.
- Always keep safety equipment near the pool – accidents do happen, no matter how many safety features you have. So, the other best alternative is to keep all the safety equipment close. You can set up a small storeroom next to the pool for all the safety equipment.
Custom pools don’t have to be fancy or over-the-top pool designs; putting up safety measures can be enough to make your pool stand out and have its uniqueness.
Are you ready to add your twist to your custom pool?
Contact JC Boyd Custom Builders, LLC for Superior Custom Pool Services
We have been a leading pool service company for years, and we handle all pool-related services in Gainesville, TX, and North Texas. Our experts go the extra mile with their effort to ensure your swimming pool is in tip-top condition.
Give us a call to have us customize your pool to fit your needs.