COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the continuous rise in demand for lumber and building materials in the United States, please call for pricing on all of our kits. Prices are adjusted according to the statement made by the National Association of Home Builders.
Land Development: How to Handle the Hurdles That Come With It
Building your custom home is an exciting adventure; at the same time, it comes with a rollercoaster of mixed emotions.
Along the way, you will feel overwhelmed to the point of almost giving up, and often, the first aspect that can be stressful is property development.
There’s simply no way around this part, so many factors may slow you down, such as:
- Municipal hurdles; includes everything to do with permitting and zoning codes.
- Land clearing; the land’s topography can weigh you down. Of course, you have to ensure the land is well graded, clear the unnecessary vegetation, and get it right with the drainage.
- Hidden issues: dealing with unforeseen issues such as contaminated soil or some discovered endangered species or archeological findings can be frustrating, or worse, it can bring your yet-to-start construction to a sudden halt.
- Gaining access and setting up utilities; if you’re in a remote area, this can prove to be a common issue.
The land development process can easily take months or even years, for instance, when the permits are delayed. No one wants to wait that long to build their dream home.
So, what’s the way forward?
It’s possible to get your land development process done in a much better and faster way.
- Have a clear plan
You can start your building project on the right foot if you have a well-laid-out plan. For a start, select a plot of land that’s properly zoned, easily accessible, and suits your needs.
Find every information you need about the site, including its soil composition, nearness to utilities, and much more. This way, you can readily tackle all the inhibiting factors without being overwhelmed.
- Have a ready and experienced team of contractors to work with
An expert is needed, from site preparation and land clearing to project management and design elements.
Work with a local company that is well aware of the land’s topography and all that needs knowing about your chosen lot. You can then decide to take a backseat and watch your dream home come to life.
Need a Property Development Expedition Done for You?
Contact our experts at JC Boyd Custom Builders, LLC. We do everything from land development to custom home building, and we serve Gainesville, TX, and North Texas.